6.22.2007

"Money-makin"*

*the Beastie Boys

As I rode up and down the bike path along the I-5 (the only flat stretch of pavement sans stoplights within a 20 mile radius of my apartment), I devised a plan for making me a stronger rider... and boatloads of money.

Parked alongside my training route were thousands of Angelenos stuck in traffic - pretty much a constant on this stretch of the Interstate. What if I did two-a-day workouts during the morning and evening commute and hooked up a trailer with advertisements to tow in front of these captive audiences? 

I'm sure ad execs are going to be lined up around the block to book time for their company's sign on the "Ebert Express"! And then come race time I'll be flying (or at least feel like I am) when I don't have to tow around a trailer.

I'm gonna be rich and fast.



No comments: