6.30.2007

Going Coastal

Training is going well -- despite two rear tire blowouts in two days. The first one was on a Serfas Combi Tire that had 3,500 miles on it, so I wasn't too bummed (I ran over some gum then ran over a heavy duty staple). But then, of course, the second blow out happened on the brand new tire on the very next day on a nail I never saw. 

I've been doing the Mulholland Ride pretty often - three times in the last seven days. It's probably the most "interesting" 3+ hour ride I have. The terrain is challenging, the views are pretty cool, and once I get to the other end I see the Pacific Ocean. There's something about that large body of water that just never gets boring. This time of year the cool breeze is much appreciated too. Inland, near the apartment, it's hitting 90 just about every day.

Several ABD'ers, including the Elite Team, are out tackling the Proctor Road Race today. This year some of the P-R-O's came out from Colavita and Priority Health, so that will change the strategy in the 1/2 race quite a bit. The organization has been good about posting results right away so those of us at home can follow along.


No comments: