6.10.2007

Hybrid Love

Yep, rode the big 60 minutes the other day with fellow ABD'ers Jenny Cerwin and Jessi Prinner. However, the wound wasn't quite ready for riding the road bike - I only made it two blocks before I flipped the U-ey and went back to PPC-Batavia to borrow a 7.3FX Hybrid from PPC Batavia.
So, there I was, all kitted up with my snazzy Serfas tortoise shell shades... rocking my sneakers and a $450 hybrid. It was awesome. I must say I felt a little tight in the "mesh-area", but it was great to get some fresh air. It would have been even better to join the ABD Pancake Breakfast Ride... but I knew that was a little out of my range.
So instead I gave my LeMond Triomphe some much needed mechanical lovin' and modified it for "recovery" riding, i.e. put on a super-plush saddle, raised the bars as I high as I could, and installed a Race X Lite Compact crankset with a 12-27 cassette for the ultimate in "tooling" speed options when tackling climbs I otherwise wouldn't be able to ride for a couple weeks. Oh yeah, it's one sweet machine... and I'm gonna go ride it right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your beautiful cassette should be in Cali by Thurs.