6.07.2007

Back in Business

Went to the doctor this morning and he said I can start riding my bike again at a low intensity for as long as I can tolerate (basically sub-200 watts for about three weeks). Look for me on the Fox River Trail tomorrow in the granny gear ... although I still haven’t decided if I’ll be on the road bike or commandeering a hybrid from PPC-Batavia.

In related news, I’m heading home to Rosa by next Monday for an entire month. This will be the longest block of time mid-summer we’ve ever spent together, but since I can’t race for five weeks the team is letting me off the managerial hook for Nature Valley and Proctor. Thus it’s lots of training and catching up on ABD biz from mine and the senorita’s super-secret location. I’ll be flying back to ORD just in time to jump into the Superweek fire.

Last but not least, I just want to offer huge props again to everyone who put in the big efforts this weekend to make the Winfield Crits go so well. On top of that, some ABD’ers put in really great rides too:

- How about Tim Keeley taking 2nd in the Cat. 4’s? Nice ride, Tim. I was so busy buttoning down the hatches in the storm that I didn’t even realize you kicked butt until I was posting results Monday morning.

- It was awesome seeing both Susan and Jeff solo to victories on Saturday night in the Women and Men’s Open - not to mention Jessi and Josh taking their respective field sprints.

- Although he’s no longer offically one of us, props to Angelo DiGiovine for giving a certain rider a run for his money in the sprint on Sunday.

- and Ben DeMong finally got paid Saturday night — nabbing the last money spot for a check he claims that he will never cash. Good form, Ben.

2 comments:

ADIG said...

Thanks Mike - I want a rematch!

Rosa said...

I get you all to myself for a whole month - that sounds very exciting! Forget about training, let's go to Disneyland.