3.10.2008

Laurie Morris: 1967-2008

Laurie was the hospice nurse who helped us take care of Grandma. She was one of the most beautiful people I've ever met.

Around the time Grandma passed away, Laurie started getting sick and the symptoms made it appear that her asthma was acting up. Unfortunately, it was a virus that went to her heart and over the last two months she'd been in and out of the hospital and the ICU. She passed away on Saturday night at just 40 years old.

I was given a lot of credit for taking care of my Grandma in the final months of her life— but I couldn't have done it without Laurie's strength, patience, guidance and kindness. She was my rock, the one who kept me strong, and I will never forget the lessons she taught me. One lesson is that listening can be more reassuring than anything you ever say, and the rest can be summed up in this quote:

"Nothing is so strong as gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as true strength."- Ralph Sockman.

My deepest condolences to her husband, children and grandchild.

No comments: