12.16.2008

Say it ain't so...

I’ll admit that Rock Racing hasn’t always been my favorite squad, but I hope there isn’t much to the recent VeloNews story about the companies financial woes.

Rock’s combination of Southern California flashiness, roster spots taken up by convicted dopers, and a fleet of Escalades really doesn’t do it for me (as much as I loved Cipo’s return). However, there are definitely plenty of hard working bike racers on the team and I admire Michael Ball’s ambition to sign as many out-of-work riders as he could this winter. For a while there I was joking with an out-of-work pro that it seemed Ball would just sponsor the whole American racing scene.

If something really bad happens though, then I say Michael Ball and Stein Bagger should be chained to Computrainers and forced to race for our entertainment for the rest of their lives, a la Triplets of Belleville.

No comments: