10.12.2007

Short Post, Big News

I'm squeaking this post in just under the self-imposed one week wire....

Well, the Fling's done. We had record turnouts on Saturday and Sunday to go along with our near record weather. There was close competition in all the races, and it was sweet watching teammate Josh Carter power that 54x11 to a pair of sprint wins to close out the season.

...and with that, no more donning of the race director's cap. This year's Fling marked my final round as an ABD event director.

It's been an awesome five years running the events- starting with our first Fling in 2003. Thanks to all the riders and volunteers who've been with me along the way. I've had the opportunity to get to know most of you, and it's truly been a pleasure. It's to the point I can watch finish line film without even looking at your numbers: "Oh yeah, that's Uwe; that's Scott V; that's Cecile; there's Fabio..."!

But never fear, the ABD army is chomping at the bit to take over for me, and per usual, the events will just keep getting better.

So, what now?....
To be continued

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"To be continued..." Dear older brother,
How could you leave your loyal readers hanging like that? Not cool.
Love, younger sister

Ebert said...

more news soon, i swear!

Anonymous said...

So it's easier for me to leave you little blurbs here than to sign into my email, type in your address, etc, so hope you like getting lots of comments from me....
anyway, front page of espn.com right now says,
"Kenny Lofton was up to his old tricks Monday night. Cleveland followed his lead in Game 3, doubling up Boston 4-2 after Lofton's two-run HR set the tone. The Indians lead the Red Sox 2-1 in the ALCS."

God, I love that guy. The recap of the game mentions that he doesn't feel 40, he feels 25. And that his passport has been stamped by 11 clubs in 17 seasons. Damn.

Ebert said...

Go Kenny, Go! I love how the DHL commercials come on right after he does something awesome.

See you soon, sis.