12.18.2007

O-Town

It's been a busy week. The lovely Rosa Linda and I jumped in the car last Friday and dashed up to Oakland both for my little sister's graduation and to see her new house. I can't decide what's bigger: graduating or being a home owner? (and in California, no less!) It was great to finally get up to her neck of the woods, but the 5.5 hour drive on the I-5 through central California... not so great. I forgot just how desolate it is. Fortunately, Rosa kept me entertained with sweet serenades... Take a good luck at this picture:


For the younger readers, what she's holding is a cassette tape. Larger than an iPod, that baby has music on both sides, and up to a whopping 120 minutes! Now you older readers, see who's on the cover? Oh yes, it's the New Kids On The Block Christmas album. Rosa dug this baby out from deep within her glove box, popped it in, and opened up the liner notes to sing along. I told her to stop the ruse. I knew she didn't need the liner...... and she didn't. She knew every single word. Fortunately she showed some mercy and only subjected me to three songs.

No comments: