12.14.2007

"I know I saw that chopper..."

-Captain Murphy, Sealab 2021

Yesterday I snuck out for a Coach Farrell "hour of power" on the LA River bike path, which runs along the I-5 interstate, and I was amazed at the lack of traffic on the 5. Then, as I rode a little further down the path I noticed the helicopters circling overhead... oh man.

Sigh... I suppose it was only a matter of time before the LA networks learned of the new ABD/Gear Grinder Pro Development Team and would want the story straight from me... these interviews were really going to put a damper on my training....bummer I wasn't in a new kit yet for my close up... at least I was really hungry so dropping a reference for how I was starving for Qdoba would be easy... maybe I should take a cue from Burgundy and give 'em free tickets to the Gun Show?

But alas, it was actually some moron who'd stolen a Mustang and lead the police on their daily high speed chase that attracted the vulturous News birds. I mean c'mon, what news is that, especially in LA? The guy was in the Northbound lanes when he stopped too- he wasn't even headed to Mexico like any self respecting criminal. Sheesh...

Guess I'll have to wait just a little longer for those 15 minutes.

No comments: