8.02.2007

Catch Up

The past five days of blog silence have been brought to you by:

-Superweek: Downer Avenue is definitely the best criterium in America.

-A Squirrel: It went kamikaze style, ended up in my Dad's spokes, and Dad ended up in the hospital for a night.

-Columbia St. Mary's Columbia: aforementioned hospital. Great staff, but no public wi-fi.

-Rosa: the lovely lady's in town to break up this 7-week stint I'm away from home, so we're running around, having fun.

-The 1st-placed Chicago Cubs: Rosa and I are bringing out our inner-beacher-bum today.

Let's get some runs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the cubs are not in 1st place anymore! hahahaha!

i was checking out the web site today and thought i'd chime in. Danny Pate??? I read a bit about this guy, do you think he has a chance the '08 tdf, really? can he climb? i love the tour and having an american to cheer for is always da bomb diddy!

Ebert said...

yeah, i already gave up being a Cubs fan again after watching them blow three games in a row at the end. I just can't handle that drama.

As for Pate: now that his Slipstream team has signed four big names: VandeVelde, Zabriskie, Millar and Backstedt -- I think that under the proper guidance Danny could have a good go if they get into the '08 Tour and be a serious contender in 2009. Of course, it all depends on how clean the sport can get too. I'm a little nervous about the recent announcement that Contador is holding a press conference on Friday -- I hope it's not a bombshell announcement.