5.29.2007

No, no.... Surgery is Great

Ok, not really, but I do have to say that from check-in @ 6:30 a.m. until I left at 10:15 it was a pretty chill experience at the Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center. Once I changed into my gown, received my IV and went through my pre-surgery consultations (where the doctor reminded me again no racing for 4 to 5 weeks), I got to chill out and listen my iPod for a few minutes while I waited for them to get everything ready.

Early morning pre-surgery tunes (as chosen by the Shuffle):
- "Over the Ocean", Low
- "Tongue", REM
- "Helicopter", M.Ward
- "Karma Police", Radiohead
- "Taller Beauty", Julie Doiron
- "Blonde on Blonde", Nada Surf

... and then the anesthesiologist and another doc come in, give me an injection via the IV, roll me down the hall and I can't help but thinking, "It looks just like it does on TV"... and that's the last thing I remember until I wake up about 90 minutes later to a nurse offering more morphine.

Typically, I'm proud of the fact I can count the number of pills I take each year on two hands, just the very rare ibuprofen for me. But in this case, I'm glad they pumped me full of everything for... and I really don't even care what it was.

1 comment:

Ryan Baumann said...

Way to take it in stride, Mr. Team Director. Staying calm and collective during surgery is really not my forte, but at least you've got it down.

Take it easy--

Ryan