3.07.2007

Mmm... travel

There are less than two weeks until I'm back in the Midwest for the Weekend Cycling College, Hillsboro Roubaix, the ABD TT Series finale, and a whole slew of other events with the club and the team. I'm pretty excited as lots of good things are happening in 2007, and it's going to be the first few races the team gets to do together.

A friend recently e-mailed me to ask what my travel schedule looks like over the next few months, and even I was surprised by my answer:

-Back in the Western Suburbs for about a month starting March 20th, then to Virginia for a week-long race, to San Diego for two days of racing, back to LA for 48 hours, then a week in Germany & Austria for my best friend's wedding with a night in London on the tail end (a 27 hour layover!), 3 weeks in Winfield including the Winfield Crit Weekend, a week in LA that includes a play Rosa is producing/starring in, a week in Minneapolis for the Nature Valley Grand Prix... and then back to the Chicago area from late June at least through Downers Grove.

Thank the powers that be for mp3 players and noise-cancelling headphones. Last year I started taking 5 or 10 minutes before I fly to throw together a playlist named for the flight number I'm on, so this year I'll be on some of those same flights to give 'em a second listen. I've also found that for one reason or another I'm super-productive in airports and on planes -- maybe it's the outside stimuli. I'm a little old for the A.D.D. generation, but there was certainly plenty of cable TV and video games (up, up, down, down, left, right...) And then there was that 14 hour delay (8AM to 10PM) in SFO last year that was a constant cycle of working, phone calls, playing Freecell, standing in lines, searching for an outlet to recharge everything ... and a sourdough breadbowl with a different soup every 4 hours.

I love soup in sourdough bread bowls.

No comments: